SCBA Toronto Chapter Best Paper Award Competition Announcement (Year of 2013)
The 2013 Best Paper Awards, sponsored by Professor Choong-Chin Liew (The Founding president of SCBA Toronto Chapter), will be given to trainees in the SCBA community to recognize their excellent work in biomedical research.
TWO to Three awards will be presented at the SCBA Toronto Chapter Annual Meeting (January 31, 2014) for the first author publication in 2013.
Eligibility of applicants:
1) First author of a scientific paper (original research) published in a peer reviewed journal in 2013, or officially accepted by December 31, 2013.
2) Graduate or undergraduate students; or Post-doctoral fellows who earned their doctoral degree in 2008 or after.
3) The applicant or his/her supervisor is a SCBA member (To apply for membership, please check the website: http://www.scbatoronto.org).
Instruction for submission:
1) The applicant or the supervisor should prepare 2 documents:
- A copy of the publication (in PDF format). If paper is in press, the proof of acceptance should be attached.
- A summary in lay language (250 words maximum), describing the nature of the study, significance of the findings, and the contribution made by the applicant. The summary can be composed by the supervisor.
SCBA Toronto Chapter Award Committee will review each application and inform the winners by email by January 27, 2014. The award includes a certificate and cash prize. In addition, the winners will be invited to attend SCBA Toronto Chapter New Year Dinner party (January 31, 2014).
For further information, please contact Dr. Tianru Jin by email (email@example.com).
Past Best Paper Awardees